Spring 10x10 Challenge

SPRING 10X10 CHALLENGE


This was my first time participating in a challenge like this. This one was hosted by @buyfrombipoc and @selltradeslowfashion.
I have seen these kinds of challenges on Instagram before but never had the will power to do it. So this time in an effort to show myself how it is possible to do with fewer clothes, etc I decided to participate. 

Let me share with you all what I included in my spring 10x10 - list items 

I decided not to include shoes or big outerwear items since the weather has been up and down in temperature. 

Next, I want to share with you the pros and cons of this experience for me and why I think everyone should try it at least once. 

Pros - 
  • learning to dress with less. I realized that I could make a number of outfits out of only 10 items which before I wouldn’t have thought was possible. 
  • What pieces of clothes are versatile and which ones were not.  I was able to realize that a few of the items I chose could be worn in multiple ways whereas other items weren’t as useful to me. 
  • It was fun and fulfilling. I enjoyed giving myself a challenge and the fun of sticking to it. It made me feel like I accomplished something in the end.
  • Made me look forward to getting to wear other clothes in my closet. You know how after a while you can get bored of what’s in your closet but when you limit yourself to only a few items you get excited to get back to the other items you have in there and it almost makes them brand new again. 


Cons - 
  • Should have given myself more variety. I kept my 10x10 very simple, next time I should have given myself at least one item that had a pop of color. 
  • Shouldn’t have included outerwear. I included an oversized sweater and sweatshirt as my outerwear, probably wasn’t the best decision since the weather was changing and it limited the variety of tops I could choose from. 

That’s it for the cons, the whole thing really was all in all a positive experience and I can’t wait to do it again. If you haven’t done one before you should! 

Thanks, @buyfrombipoc and @selltradeslowfashion for hosting this challenge! 

Check out my Instagram and click on the story highlight to see the outfits that were made - @inthelifeofgray

Comments

Popular Posts