DIY Deodorant


I want to share with you all a deodorant recipe I found on Pinterest.  It is the only deodorant I use that doesn't make me smell.

Before giving you the recipe, let me tell you why I decided to start making my own.

I like to choose products that are as natural as possible, but even some natural deodorants can irritate the skin or do not do their job when it comes to smell.

On occasion I have used regular deodorants.  As a result, my armpit's pores would get clogged and I got welts that hurt so bad I wouldn't be able to shave for days.

So I switched to natural deodorants, but I still experienced issues with these as well, such as: redness, irritated skin, and smell.  I was unhappy and disappointed... until I found this recipe on Pinterest and I have never looked back.  It's such a simple recipe and the best part is you have no smell or irritated skin.  My husband even uses it and loves it!!

I will say as a disclaimer: If after having shaved your armpits you apply this deodorant, you will have irritated skin.  So make sure to either shave the night before or if you have to shave in the morning, I like to put vitamin E oil with a drop of lavender essential oil on first.  Then after waiting a little while rub a small amount of the deodorant on.  Works every time.

Finally the recipe - 

1/2 cup of organic unrefined coconut oil softened
1/4 cup of organic non-GMO cornstartch
1/4 cup of baking soda
Mix these three together
1/4 tsp of whatever essential oil you like
Mix again

I do not refrigerate mine 'cause I like it to stay soft, but you might like to keep yours in the fridge.  It works either way.

If you would like to watch the video on how I make this head over to my Instagram page and check out my highlight here - https://www.instagram.com/inthelifeofgray/

Comments

Popular Posts