Blue Light Blocking Glasses

 

I started working from home about four years ago and had never had to use a computer so much in my life. It was a big change for me and my eyes. In this day and age electronics are what we expose our eyes to on a regular basis. Really, our eyes do not get any down time unless you are like me and like a good old-fashioned paperback book, notebooks, and pens in place of the electronics devices from time to time. 

In starting to work from home I noticed that my eyes started to feel strained and I was experiencing an increase in headaches. I had never had problems with my eyesight, so the conclusions was made that it had to be the increase of time spent in front of my computer. 
I have always wanted to wear glasses but never had eyesight that warranted them. Since I didn’t like what the computer light was doing to my eyes  it was a nice excuse to buy some glasses. 

I chose to go with the company EYEBUY DIRECT.  They had good prices and offered a nice promotion when buying your first pair. 

In addition to liking the style of frames they had to choose from; I really liked that they have the option to put the blue light filter technology in the lenses. 
You might wonder, “What is blue light?” According to EYEBUY DIRECT’s website “Blue light is a harmful portion of light emitted by digital screens.” According to the Paris Vision Institute, ‘younger people exposed to an excess amount of blue light can start to experience age-related macular degeneration at an earlier stage.’ Other research states that “Excess exposure is also the leading cause of vision loss for people over 50.”

Reading this information opened my eyes (pun intended) to how “blue light”’might be affecting my eyes. 

I decided to purchase two pairs of frames, each with the blue light filter technology in the lens. Eyebuy Direct has two options for blue light filter technology to choose from,  I chose the more cost effective. 

As soon as I started wearing my new glasses my headaches disappeared and my eyes felt better. I am so happy I found out about this brand and was able to reap the benefits of their product. 

I know other brands have this technology as well, in lieu of that if you have found a brand that offers this technology and you have benefited from it please feel free to share. 

Thanks for reading, be sure to check out my instagram and give a follow! - https://www.instagram.com/inthelifeofgray/

Comments

Popular Posts