Everlane Review - The Cropped Alpaca Cardigan

Review:

Since day one of starting this blog and my inthelifeogray IG account I have wanted to become an Everlane Affiliate.  On Everlane's website you can apply to become one but they also have an option to reach out to them with any questions about their affiliate program.  Since I have never been apart of an affiliate program I was curious how it all worked so I reached out to them.  Someone from their company responded, explained how their program works, and offered to help me with signing up.  Once I was signed up with another platform like Pepperjam or RewardStyle then I was all set to receive 1-2 gifted items.  This review will be of one of those two gifted items I received, all thoughts and opinions are my own.

CROPPED ALPACA CARDIGAN:

The Details:

  • Sizes: XXS-XL
  • Colors: Almond, Dark Charcoal, Pomona Green, Rose, Mustard, Red
  • Price: $100
  • Materials: 60% Alpaca, 30% Nylon, 10% Wool


"Our favorite alpaca sweater gets an update.  Complete with a cool rib pattern, a high neckline, and a clean button front, the Alpaca Crop Cardigan has all the warmth of a cozy winter knit with a plush, airy feel.  We love alpaca because it's less prickly, longer-lasting, and resists pilling.  Plus, it's better for the environment - alpacas are soft-hooved and gentle grazers, which makes them easier on pastures than other herd animals."


- Everlane


My Review:

FIT - 

I ordered the Mustard in a Small and for quick reference, I'm 5'3" and typically wear a Small in tops from Everlane.  After reading the reviews, I decided on the small because I wanted it to fit over sized so I could wear it either on it's own or as a cardigan.  Sleeves are usually really long on me since I have a more petite frame so these are long on me but I can roll them up once and it still looks great!  Since I am not that tall it is not cropped on me at all which was slightly disappointing but not a deal breaker. 

WARMTH - 

It is a warm sweater but not bulky and heavy.  It is a very soft sweater but once on, if you don't wear any other shirt underneath, it is itchy.  I am quite sensitive to itchy sweaters but maybe for others it wouldn't bother them so much.  I have heard that when you wear sweaters like this it is best to wear them when it's really cold, the warmer it is the more itchy the sweater feels however the colder it is the less itchy the sweater feels.  I tested this out and it is true in my case.

CONSTRUCTION/QUALITY - 

Well knitted, no pulls or stray threads.  The buttons seem well sewn on and it came with one extra button in case something happens to one of the other ones.


OUTFIT DETAILS - 

Sweater: Alpaca Crop Cardigan in Mustard size Small - https://rstyle.me/+oW7SVMci4jwiQ4Hx3dWC8A

Jeans: Boyish Jeans The Billy Barefoot in the Park size 26

Shoes: Everlane The Day Boot in Brick size 6.5

WORTH THE PRICE? - 

Personally I would say yes, if you don't mind the itch, but no, if you do mind it.  I do like the sweater more than I thought I would and I am very happy I chose it as one of my gifted items.  If you want a good staple piece that will last you for awhile I would buy it.

WHAT I'D CHANGE - 

I would change the itch, and would like the sweater not to be called cropped since it really isn't a cropped sweater.  However, I like the way the sweater fits and am happy it didn't come cropped like the description said.

*Thank you for supporting inthelifeofgray by visiting this site and shopping through my links.  Be sure to check out my IG!

Comments

Popular Posts