Everlane Review - The Day Boot

Review:

Since day one of starting this blog and my inthelifeogray IG account I have wanted to become an Everlane Affiliate.  On Everlane's website you can apply to become one but they also have an option to reach out to them with any questions about their affiliate program.  Since I have never been apart of an affiliate program I was curious how it all worked so I reached out to them.  Someone from their company responded, explained how their program works, and offered to help me with signing up.  Once I was signed up with another platform like Pepperjam or RewardStyle then I was all set to receive 1-2 gifted items.  This review will be of one of those two gifted items I received, all thoughts and opinions are my own.

THE DAY BOOT:

 The Details:

  • Sizes: 5-11 and half sizes
  • Colors: Black, Bone, Ecru, Brick, Smoke
  • Price: $225
  • Materials: 100% Italian Leather

"Comfort has never looked this good.  Made from buttery-soft Italian leather that molds to your foot, the Day Boot has an easy ankle height, a walkable stacked heel, and a back pull tab.  Plus, details like a center seam and a covered side zipper keep this shoe looking extra-sleek."




- Everlane




My Review:

FIT - 

I ordered the Brick in a 6.5 and for quick reference, I typically wear a 6-6.5 in shoes from Everlane.  After reading the reviews, I decided on the 6.5 because I didn't want the shoe to fit too tight, I have a high arch, and I wanted to wear thicker socks with them.  They were a little big on me not enough to wear I couldn't wear them so I used a insert I have and now they fit perfect!  They are very comfortable and easy to walk in with my insert in the shoe, without my insert the heel part may feel a little hard and not soft since there isn't really any cushioning in the foot bed.


WHERE TO WEAR THEM - 

So far I have worn them to run errands like grocery shopping, out with friends, coffee shop, etc.  I haven't worn them for long periods of time so not sure how they hold up under that kind of circumstance.  I guess I will just have to wait and see.

CONSTRUCTION/QUALITY - 

Well made and no issues so far.  I have worn them often and they are holding together really well.  The leather is buttery soft just like the description on Everlane's website says.  I love the ankle height it's just right, not too high or too low.  The heel height is also great not too high and not too low and so far the heels haven't split.  I always like to treat my leather shoes with a leather conditioner and I also spray them with a water repellent.  These were tested in the rain after spraying the repellent on and it worked really well!


OUTFIT DETAILS - 

Sweater: Everlane Alpaca Crop Cardigan in Mustard size Small - https://rstyle.me/+oW7SVMci4jwiQ4Hx3dWC8A

Jeans: Everlane Authentic Stretch High-Rise Skinny size 25

Shoes: Everlane The Day Boot in Brick size 6.5

WORTH THE PRICE? - 

Personally I would say yes, this is an item I have been eyeing on Everlane's website for awhile now and it definitely met my expectations.  I am very happy I chose it as one of my gifted items.  If you want a good staple piece that will last you for awhile I would buy it.

WHAT I'D CHANGE - 

I would maybe put a cushioned foot bed to make walking or standing for longer periods of time more comfortable. The only other thing I would change is my error being that I should have probably gone with the size 6 since leather does stretch but I wouldn't change anything else about the boot, I really like them!

*Thank you for supporting inthelifeofgray by visiting this site and shopping through my links.  Be sure to check out my IG!

Comments

Popular Posts