COVID-19 Thrift Shopping

COVID-19 THRIFT SHOPPING



If you're like me during this interesting time you may miss going to your local thrift stores.  

However, since we live in a such a digital world there are many thrift shops online that make this kind of shopping very easy and convenient from the comfort of your own home. 

 Plus, depending on what online thrift store you shop from you can buy from an individual which could help support them during these hard economic times.  

Below is a list of some online thrift stores that I have shopped from or either heard good things about from other thrifters.

Online thrift shops:

- Depop
- Poshmark
- ThredUp
- Ebay
- Etsy
- Deals On Designers
- Shopgoodwill.com

The last thrift shop mentioned on this list, shopgoodwill.com, is one I haven't shopped from personally but recently found out about.  In my area going thrift shopping mostly consists of me stopping at my favorite Goodwill stores; so I went looking online to see if there was a way to thrift shop online but at goodwill prices.  That's when I stumbled on this website it seems to be similar to Ebay in that you have a buy it now or place a bid options.  Shipping costs depend on the seller you buy from and the sellers are various Goodwill stores.  However, they do have a tab to look at items for sale with only a one cent shipping cost.  I still have to do further research on this website but what I have seen so far is pretty interesting.

Other ways to shop:

Another popular way to thrift shop during this time is to shop your own closet.  I have found that getting involved in the variety of style challenges on Instagram has helped me to get excited about the clothes I already own in my closet.  Below are some style challenges that are currently happening on Instagram this week.  Be sure to get involved in one of them listed below.

Style Challenges:

- #1x5xhome hosted by @moosoutfits and @maybeitfits pick one item to wear from home for five days (Monday - Friday)

-  #secondchancestyling hosted by @hersimplesole and @littlealotamy re-style some of your own wardrobe items, and give your unwanted clothes a second chance

- #may30x30 hosted by @jazzyhwang and @petraalexandra pick 30 or less pieces to wear for the whole month of May.  It can be just clothes or you can include outerwear, shoes, accessories, etc.

Can't shop now, shop later:

Another suggestion I have seen online that I think is really good, and I need to apply, is to make a list of items you want to thrift shop for when we are able to get back out again.  This can help curb the itch to shop now, save money, and to shop with a purpose when we are back out there again in our favorite thrift stores.

Thanks for reading!  Please be sure to subscribe to my blog for monthly posts, and visit my Instagram account - https://www.instagram.com/inthelifeofgray/

Comments

  1. Love this! Learned so many cool tips about thrifting. I’ve never heard of some of those websites can’t wait to check them out. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts