How To Keep Busy During COVID-19


WAYS TO STAY BUSY

Hello Everyone!

I thought I would come on here to share with you all some of the things my husband and I have found to help us stay busy and not go crazy during this unique time.

1) Reading - there are books I wanted to read before but didn't have the time to so I went on this amazing website my husband's mother-in-law told me about called, link here - Thrift Books  It's amazing!  Best place to find any kind of book you are looking for at an affordable price.

2) Cleaning Up - as you see in the picture above my hubby and I took one afternoon on the weekend to tidy up our backyard.

3) Put Put - if you have any golf clubs and balls lying around your house get them out, fabricate your own homemade goal, we did this with a small cardboard box, and ta da you have put put that can be played inside or outside the house.  We did this and it was fun and something different.

4) Knitting and crocheting - i have started to pick this back up with more time on my hands.  I just chosen some simple projects but it has been nice to make something and feel productive.  I like to knit with round knitting looms, knitting needles, and of course crochet hooks.  I have made mostly scarfs but right now I am working on crocheting scrunchies, knitting yoga socks, and baby slippers.  One of my favorite YouTube videos for knitting on round looms is here - Tuteate

5) Sourdough starter - this is a project my husband embarked on and it has worked out really nice.  He has made bread, pretzels, bagels, English muffins, etc.  It's really great to have freshly baked goodies.

6)  Gardening - if you haven't tried it before just start small but it is really rewarding to grow and eat your own produce.  As you can see from the picture at the top we have some plants of our own we don't have enough space to have our own garden in the ground so we grow everything in pots.  You can even grow things from your scraps of vegetables there are tons of instructions that you can find on Pinterest.  Some we have found very successful doing this with is green onions and yellow or sweet potatoes.

7) Ginger bug - some friends of our started a ginger bug and gave it to us.  This is something really cool that is used to make fermented sodas.  My husband has really taken this on and made some really yummy sodas so far.  Like ginger ale, strawberry soad, and lemon lime.

8) DIY beauty - looking for ways to make your beauty products more sustainable and eco friendly why not try making them yourself?  I tried my hand at chapstick and coffee eye serum check out my Instagram story highlight "DIY Beauty" for more information on how I made them.

9) Buy a adult inflatable pool - now that summer has arrived we are all looking for ways to stay cool and social distance at the same time. You don’t have to spend a lot, my husband and I bought a adult inflatable pool from Mercari since everywhere else was pretty much sold out. It’s the best! It fits perfect on our back patio and now we can take a quick dip whenever we want. The one we got has an inflatable bench and two cup holders, perfect for holding anytime summertime beverage. 

Maybe these are things you are already doing or maybe some will be new ideas for you either way I hope that it is helpful a little.
Stay safe out there everyone!

*Thank you for supporting inthelifeofgray by visiting this site.  Be sure to check out my @inthelifeofgray!

Comments

Popular Posts