Jivanas Review: Hira Sandal

Review:



HIRA SANDAL:

The Details:

  • Sizes: EU Women's 35-41 and US Women's 5-11
  • Colors: Onyx with Natural Sole (show in picture), Crimson with Natural Sole, Turquoise with Honey Sole
  • Price: $132
  • Materials: 100% biodegradable, Italian vegetable leather, and soft pigskin lined upper


Hira Sandal - 

"The Hira sandal brings together style and comfort, featuring a soft, lined upper and a cushioned thong.  Crafted by hand in our workshop, they are made of premium, Italian vegetable-tanned leather and colored with water-based eco-friendly dyes.  They feature a supportive all-leather sole that molds to your foot, providing increased stability and a personalized fit.  The result is a chic, solidly-crafted sandal that will last for years to come."

- Jivanas

My Review:

FIT - 

I ordered this item in a size US 6, EU 36; I did this using my measurements based on their size guide.  Couldn't have been a more perfect fit but since these are leather I would recommend wearing them around your house first to break them in.  They will feel hard and uncomfortable at first, for instance both of the straps were cutting into my foot.  However, I have been wearing them for at least a week around the house and now they are just fine.

CONSTRUCTION/QUALITY -

As mentioned above in the description from Jivanas' website these are thoughtfully and carefully constructed.  Each shoe is crafted by hand and made of premium materials.  Good arch support and the insole soften and molds to your footprint over time.  Because the natural pores of the leather allow moisture and air to flow freely it reduces the amount of sweating which prevents any unwanted odors and keeps your feet happy.  



SUSTAINABILITY - 
 


The vegetable-tanned leather doesn't contain any toxic chemicals, the coloring comes from natural water-based dyes, also used are: natural latex adhesives, cotton thread, and organic beeswax conditioner.  Each shoe is hand made in Jivanas' ethical workshops where their production process utilizes no fewer than 18 distinct steps.

WORTH THE PRICE? - 

Personally I would say yes, if cared for properly this sandal will only get better with time.  I love these sandals!!  They are comfortable and soft and go with just about anything.  Great for wearing at home or going out for a coffee break.  Thanks to Jivanas for sending me a pair of their sandals!

Hira Sandal -
 

Shop Now

WHAT I'D CHANGE - 

I wouldn't change anything; these products are great and worth buying.

*Thank you for supporting inthelifeofgray by visiting this site and shopping through my links.  Be sure to check out my IG - @inthelifeofgray

Comments

Popular Posts