Slow Fashion Season Recap #2


Slow Fashion Season - 2020 - Recap #2

06.21.2020 - 9.21.2020
_____

It has been two months now since the #slowfashionseason challenge started.  It's been a fun and inspiring challenge so far.

I am loving all the tips on how to shop, where to shop, and how to re-wear what we already own.  Can't wait to see what the next month brings!

Now it's time to recap the second month of the Slow Fashion Season challenge.

This recap will cover:

  • A quick refresher of what the slow fashion season challenge is.
  • My purchases 
  • A recap Q&A
  • Some new thoughts

What is the Slow Fashion Season Challenge

Slow fashion season is three months of conscious fashion choices, such as:

  • Not buying new clothes
  • Up-cycling or repairing old clothes
  • Buying second hand or vintage
  • Buying from sustainable brands
  • Buying from local brands that may have suffered due to COVID-19

My Purchases

Since the first slow fashion season recap I haven't made any purchases of clothing new or used because I created a challenge, #monthsofnada, to take a break from buying.  I almost broke down and bought something this month but fortunately someone else bought what I had my eye on.



If you are interested in participating in this challenge I created please click the hashtag link in the paragraph above.


A Recap Q&A

1 | What have you been learning about slow fashion so far?

That we need to normalize wearing the same outfit more than once.  I know for myself at times there has been an outfit that I love and want to wear again the next day but wouldn't because I was afraid of what people would think if they saw me in the same outfit again.  But the point of slow fashion is to wear what you own, so if an outfit makes you feel good then what's holding you back from wearing it again?  Half the time people aren't taking note that you wore the same thing twice.

2 | Why did you almost make a purchase?

A bodysuit that I have been waiting to be listed on Poshmark finally showed up and for only $15.  It is a sold out style and I have really been loving the versatility of bodysuits.  However, I am very particular about material so Everlane makes an affordable bodysuit made of Supmia cotton and is my favorite!  So I try to buy them secondhand on Poshmark.

3 | Are there any mistakes you fee like you have made?

Looking through my shopping apps too much.  This month I am going to be deleting my shopping apps so that I can focus on shopping my own closet.

4 |  How do you feel going forward?

Worried, deleting my shopping apps is always a hard thing for me to do but I know it's a good thing.  Recently I saw another blogger mention that she had created a wish list of items which helps her to stay focused when making purchases.  I have tried this suggestion many times but didn't have good follow-thru so I want to try this, probably including it somewhere in my planner.
 
 Some New Thoughts
New Thoughts:
  • Want do do more than fashion when it comes to thinking slow or sustainable?  You can switch to a sustainable diet, this includes: eat more plant-based, eat more seasonal (and local), and eat products that are more ethical and fair.


  • Slow Travel - this consists of thinking about how we can change the way we travel to be kinder to the earth.  Could we make our travels over land using a train, bike, boat, or walking to travel to our destinations?
Be on the lookout next month for a recap of month three, last month.

*Thank you for supporting inthelifeofgray by visiting this site and shopping through my links.  Be sure to check out my IG - @inthelifeofgray

Comments

Popular Posts