DIY Beauty: Caffeine Eye Serum


DIY CAFFEINE EYE SERUM:

Tired of puffiness, wrinkles, and dark circles under your eyes, look no further than this easy recipe that costs you way less than the top leading brands.


I used the recipe linked here Caffeine Eye Serum and shown in the picture.  You will notice below I tweaked the recipe some to work with what I had on hand:
  • Sweet Almond Oil
  • Cafe Bustelo grounds
  • Vitamin E Oil
  • Glass Eye Dropper Bottle
According to the recipe I mixed the sweet almond oil with the coffee grounds in a mason jar covered with a paper towel and rubber band.  I let mine sit for one week; some recipes said 24 hours another said one to two weeks.  If you don't have a cheese cloth like me I used a paper towel over a glass measuring cup secured using some chip clips.  Check out my story highlight "DIY Beauty" to see this in action.  You will have to wait a while for the coffee infused oil to strain through the paper towel.  After straining all you can it may not seem like a lot but after you add the avocado or vitamin e oil it does create more.  You can put the bottle in the refrigerator for a few minutes before using, the cold along with the caffeine will do even more to reduce puffiness; I didn't do that with mine.  

I don't think it is mentioned in the recipe but it would be good to include some vitamin e oil so that the product won't go bad.


What my under eyes looked like before using the eye serum:




This is what they now look like now when I wake up after one month of using the eye serum in the morning and at night:


I don't think the pictures do it justice but I have noticed a difference.


APPLICATION:

Put the serum on under your eyes as soon as you wake up you don't need much, a little goes a long way.  Allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes, the serum should soak into the skin but if you still feel some oil sitting on top of your skin that's fine.  You can rub it in some more and then apply whatever cream you use to prime your face before makeup.


If you decide to make some let me know and if you have any questions.

*Thank you for supporting inthelifeofgray by visiting this site and shopping through my links.  Be sure to check out my IG - @inthelifeofgray







Comments

Popular Posts