Slow Fashion Season Recap #3

 

Slow Fashion Season - 2020 - Recap #3

06.21.2020 - 9.21.2020
_____

It has been three months now since the #slowfashionseason challenge started.  It's was a fun and inspiring challenge.

I loved all the tips on how to shop, where to shop, and how to re-wear what we already own.  

Now it's time to recap the third month of the Slow Fashion Season challenge.

This recap will cover:

  • A quick refresher of what the slow fashion season challenge is.
  • My purchases 
  • A recap Q&A

What is the Slow Fashion Season Challenge

Slow fashion season is three months of conscious fashion choices, such as:

  • Not buying new clothes
  • Up-cycling or repairing old clothes
  • Buying second hand or vintage
  • Buying from sustainable brands
  • Buying from local brands that may have suffered due to COVID-19

My Purchases

Since the second slow fashion season recap I did make two purchases of new clothing from two sustainable companies, Levi's and Quince.  However, this means I didn't make it through the full two months of the #monthsofnada challenge I created to take a break from buying.



I did make it a month and half which is longer than what I have done before, which was only month.  So I am proud of myself for that!


A Recap Q&A

1 | Why did you make purchases?

I really wanted to get some ribcage straight ankle jeans from Levi's and when the sales came around the beginning of September I fell for the trap.  However, my intention in buying them was originally just to try them on since I have never purchased a pair of Levi's before I wanted to try them on return and then buy secondhand.  This was good because I realized I needed to size down and that two of the styles in the colors I got just weren't for me.  But I did decide to keep one pair and that was because the price was just unbeatable, I don't think I could have even purchased them for that price secondhand.

2 | Are there any mistakes you feel like you have made?

Online window shopping, never a good idea when you are trying not to buy anything.  Also, I should have waited to look until after I switched my summer clothes out for my fall ones.  Because once I switched them out it showed me what I really had and how I probably could have worked with what I had until October.

3 |  How do you feel going forward?

I am proud of myself for making it longer than usual for not buying any new or used clothes or shoes.  I also feel it's something I will try again probably once we are further into the new season.
 
 The End


*Thank you for supporting inthelifeofgray by visiting this site and shopping through my links.  Be sure to check out my IG - @inthelifeofgray

Comments

Popular Posts