Wool& Review: Ellie Midi Wrap Dress and Frankie Bike Shorts

 

Review:

Ellie Midi Wrap Dress



Frankie Bike Shorts

The Details:

Ellie Midi Wrap Dress:
  • Sizes: XS - 2x
  • Colors: Black and Ocean Teal
  • Price: $148
  • Materials: 78% Ultrasoft Merino Wool and 22% Nylon
Frankie Bike Shorts:
  • Sizes: XS - XXL
  • Colors: Black
  • Price: $58
  • Materials: 68% Merino Wool, 25% Nylon, and 7% Spandex

My Review:

Ellie Midi Wrap Dress:

FIT & STYLE - 

I typically wear an extra small or small.  Following the size chart online, I chose the size extra small.  The fit was just right.  Due to my height, 5'3", midi dresses can end up looking like maxi dresses on me however, this one is a true midi-length for me.  This is a faux wrap dress, one of the benefits of this style is you don't have to worry about the wind blowing the dress open.  One of my favorite features about this dress is the pockets, as I am a huge fan of dresses with pockets.  This dress is perfect for layering, you can wear something under or over it.  Check out my reel on Instagram of me styling this dress in a few different ways.

CONSTRUCTION & QUALITY -

The quality and construction of the dress are great!  The fabric is made of ultrasoft merino wool, and I can attest to the fact that it is not itchy at all, it is truly one of the softest wools I have owned.  The dress is lightweight but warm enough for the cooler seasons, making it a very good transitioning weather dress.  The fabric used makes this dress anti-pilling, breathable, machine washable, naturally soft, odor-resistant, temperature regulating, and UV protecting. 
    

Frankie Bike Shorts:

FIT & STYLE - 

I typically wear an extra small or small.  Following the size chart online, I chose the size extra small.  The fit is perfect!  I love the high-rise on these shorts.  These shorts also feature a conveniently hidden pocket in the waist, perfect for storing small items like chapstick or keys when on walks or working out.  I can see myself wearing these shorts under dresses and on their own with outfits in the autumn and spring.  I like styling them dressed down with an oversized sweatshirt or dressed up with a button-down shirt and blazer.   Check out my reel on Instagram of me styling these shorts in a few different ways.

CONSTRUCTION & QUALITY - 

The quality and construction of these shorts are great!  The fabric is made of merino wool, nylon, and spandex.  The fabric used makes these shorts anti-pilling, breathable, naturally soft, odor-resistant, stretchy, and temperature regulating.  The grain of the fabric runs parallel with your legs, this helps to keep the legs of the shorts from riding up while you are moving around.



SUSTAINABILITY -  

Both garments remain fresher for longer compared to other fibers because they are made of merino wool.  This wool requires less time, money, and materials to maintain because it can and should be washed way less than your normal fibers.  When needed, some materials, like nylon, are added to the wool to increase durability, making the garments last longer and easier to care for.  

WORTH THE PRICE? - 

Yes, for the following reasons: quality, sustainability, and durability.

Shop the Ellie Midi Wrap Dress and Frankie Bike Shorts using the link below - 


WHAT I'D CHANGE -

If I could change one thing it would be for the opacity of the fabric on the bike shorts to be darker and less see-through.

*Thank you for supporting inthelifeofgray by visiting this site and shopping through my links.  

Be sure to check out my IG - @inthelifeofgray

Comments

Popular Posts