Review of the Marianne Dress


 

The Details:

The Marianne Dress:
  • Sizes: 8 -20 UK 
  • Color: Navy
  • Price: £125
  • Materials: 100% BCI Cotton

My Review:

FIT & STYLE - 

I typically wear an extra small or small.  However, to ensure that the fit of this dress was perfect, I gave Maria my measurements.  The fit turned out just right.  Due to my height, 5'3", midi dresses can end up looking like maxi dresses on me however, this one is a true midi-length for me.  This 70s Victorian-inspired dress, with beautiful puff sleeves and a square neckline, makes me feel like I belong in a Jane Austen novel.  My favorite feature about the dress is the detachable sleeves.  This feature makes the dress truly seasonless.  Check out my reel on Instagram of me styling this dress in a few different ways.

CONSTRUCTION & QUALITY -

The quality and construction of the dress are great!  The fabric is made of Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) cotton jersey, a mid-weight, stretchy fabric.  The snaps for attaching the shirred sleeves are very strong.  The pockets are perfectly placed on the dress and deep enough to keep your phone in.  The elasticated waist is easy to use and stays tied.  You can tell that much time and care were put into every detail of this dress.


SUSTAINABILITY -  

To make this dress, a BCI cotton jersey was used, meaning that a holistic approach was taken to produce this cotton, minimizing the negative effects of fertilizers and pesticides.  Because of how the jersey is knit, there is a natural elasticity without using stretch fibers like elastane.  Garments free of elastane are biodegradable.  This dress is made-to-order, meaning no dress will be made until after it's ordered.  Even the leftover fabric ends are used to make scrunchies that come free with your order.  Resulting in no wasted clothes, resources, dyes, or fabrics.  

WORTH THE PRICE? - 

Yes, for the following reasons: quality, sustainability, and versatility.

Shop the Marianne dress using the link below - 




*Thank you for supporting @inthelifeofgray by visiting this site and shopping through my links.  

Comments

Popular Posts