Sustainable, Vegan Clothing: Valani Review

 


Before we get into the review of this beautiful top and skirt let me define for you what sustainable, vegan clothing is.
Sustainable clothing is clothing that is designed, created, produced, and distributed in a way that actively demonstrates concern for the earth and people.  Vegan clothing is clothing that is made from cruelty-free sources, meaning no animals products were used or harmed in the production of the garments.

My Review of the Chanthu Banana Midi Skirt

FIT & STYLE - 

When choosing what size to get for any item of clothing always make sure to have your body measurements ready.  I have my measurements written down in a note on my phone.  I typically wear a size extra small or small, depending on how the clothes are made and sized.  The product page recommendation for this skirt is to size up because it runs small.  My waist is 26 inches around and according to the size chart online the waist measurement for a size zero for this skirt is 26 - 27 inches around.  So based on the size chart for the Chanthu Banana midi skirt and the fact that I like my skirts to fit tightly around my waist I chose a size zero.  That being said, the skirt fits just like I wanted it to.  One of my favorite features of this skirt is that it is tiered.  I have been wanting either a tiered skirt or dress this summer and this one ticks all the boxes. I am 5'3" and sometimes a midi length skirt almost ends up being a maxi skirt on me but this one doesn't, it's a perfect length.  This skirt can be easily styled casually with a pair of sneakers or you could dress it up with some heels.  Check out my reel on Instagram of me styling this skirt.

CONSTRUCTION, QUALITY & SUSTAINABILITY -

The construction and quality of this skirt are very beautiful.  This skirt is made of 100% banana viscose.  What is banana viscose?  It is a vegan alternative to silk and is made from discarded banana tree stems.  I had never heard of this material before until I discovered VALANI   This fabric is great for the hot months because it absorbs moisture, keeps you cool, and is hypo-allergenic.  The color of the skirt is made from low-impact, non-toxic dyes.


Skirt Details:
Colors: Purple Sage and Cloud Dancer
Sizes: 0 - 12
Materail: 100% Banana Viscose
Price: $228

WORTH THE PRICE? - 

Yes, yes, yes!  This skirt is so, so soft and it fits just like it should.  The quality and construction are top-notch and the fabric is so silky soft, I can't stop touching it.

Visit Instagram to learn how to enter a giveaway
VALANI is doing to win one of her skirts.

My Review of the Malina Tencel Top

FIT & STYLE - 

I typically wear a size extra small or small, depending on how the clothes are made and sized.  Following the size chart for the Malina Tencel top I chose the size zero, the Malina Tencel top goes up to a size 12.  I am glad I chose the size zero, however, I wish there was just one more size down because the bust area of the top is about an inch too big for me.  I am a 33-inch bust around and the bust measurement for this top in a size zero is 32 - 33 inches around.  That being said, the side of the top that is off the shoulder hangs a little too low leaving the possibility of your bra or bra back strap showing.  However, the off-the-shoulder strap can be worn on the shoulder solving this problem, which is a nice alternative.  The side of the top with the strap on the shoulder fits well, and I like that the straps are wider than most one-shoulder tops you see for sale.  I really love the length of the top, it's long enough to tuck into any high-rise bottoms but also short enough when un-tucked to sit at the perfect spot on the body for a short girl like me who is only 5'3".  This top can be easily styled casually with a pair of jeans and sneakers or you could dress it up with a skirt and some heels.  Check out my reel on Instagram of me styling this top.


CONSTRUCTION & QUALITY -

The construction and quality of this top are where it excels.  This top is made of 100% soft, silky Tencel fabric.  Tencel is breathable, hypo-allergenic, and moisture-wicking.  I would recommend this top for the spring and summer months, possibly even autumn too.  

SUSTAINABILITY -  

Tencel is a sustainable, vegan fabric.  It is created from sustainably managed eucalyptus trees using a closed-loop system that reuses water and solvents.  The color of the top is made from low-impact, non-toxic dyes.


Top Details:
Colors: Purple Sage and Lilac Rose
Sizes: 0 - 12
Material: 100% Tencel
Price: $128

WORTH THE PRICE? - 

Yes and no.  Yes, the quality of the construction and fabric is worth the price, but no, in regards to sizing because that seems to be a little inconsistent with the size chart.

Shop these items using the links below 

and check out VALANI's Instagram to enter a giveaway  - 




*Thank you for supporting @inthelifeofgray by visiting this site and shopping through my links.  


Comments

Popular Posts