VIVAIA Review: Square-Toe Mid-Calf Boots


 

The Details:

  • Sizes: US 5 - US 10.5 - EU, FR, UK, and JPN sizing as well.
  • Colors: Solid Black, Peanut Brown, and Pale Grey
  • Price: $179
  • Materials: Ethically sourced wool and recycled plastic bottles.


Square Toe Mid Calf Boots - 

"Crafted using ethically sourced wool and recycled plastic bottles, our boots fit softly on the foot while providing a high level of winter-ready warmth.  Our heels are crafted using impact-resistant, high-strength eco-friendly materials.  A stretchy, soft upper pair with a solid, non-slip sole makes it easy to wear without tiring out your feet.  You can easily clean your boots with a simple wipe.  Use a soft cloth or brush on the upper or heel to clean the dirt.  Place them in the shade to dry after cleaning."

My Review:

FIT & STYLE - 

I am typically a size US 6, but lately I have been needing to size down when I purchase shoes.  Because of that, I requested my first pair of boots be a size US 5.  However, after trying on the size US 5 I quickly realized they were too small.  I requested an exchange for a size US 6 and that size fits perfectly.  The first thing I noticed when putting the shoes on is how soft and stretchy the material is.  I like that the material is stretchy because it conforms to your calf size and fits snugly.  I like the square toe because it's something different that I don't have a lot of in my closet. The heel height is perfect, dressing the shoe up just enough so you can go from work to play.

CONSTRUCTION & QUALITY -

This shoe is of good quality and made true to size.  A durable sole made using impact-resistant, high-strength eco-friendly materials.  I have only worn them a little bit outside but so far the non-slip sole seems to have a good grip on the ground.  I love that they are made of ethically sourced wool, this means my feet will stay extra toasty during the cold months.  At the same time, my feet shouldn't sweat because wool fibers are naturally breathable.  Also, wool has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, which means that woolen items will continue to smell fresh even after repeated use.    


SUSTAINABILITY - 
 

The wool used to make the fabric for these shoes is ethical, meaning the farmers VIVAIA partners with do not engage in animal cruelty.  The thread used to make the fabric for these shoes comes from plastic water bottles. VIVAIA only sources its plastic water bottles from suppliers and factories that meet their strict, sustainable criteria. The packaging is made from 100% recycled cardboard and they try not to add artificial colors to the packaging to avoid unnecessary waste.

WORTH THE PRICE? - 

Yes, for the following reasons: quality, comfort, and sustainability.

Square Toe Mid Calf Boots -
 

VIVAIA


Use my code "NC" to get 18% of your purchase of any VIVAIA shoes.

WHAT I'D CHANGE - 

I wouldn't change anything; these shoes are comfy, breathable, and the perfect staple for my fall/winter wardrobe.

*Thank you for supporting inthelifeofgray by visiting this site and shopping through my links.  

Comments

Popular Posts