Nisolo Sneaker Performance Review


I've had the opportunity to try out several Nisolo shoe styles as an ambassador, so when I knew I'd be taking a three-week trip to Europe, I wanted to get a pair of Nisolo's for me and my husband. The Men's All-Day Eco-Knit Sneaker (this style is currently sold out but the Men's 365 Eco-Knit or Everyday sneaker would be a good alternative) and the Women's Everyday Sneaker were our choices for the trip.  Below is our honest review of these sneakers.

20% off your first purchase with code 'INTHELIFEOFGRAY'

*Post contains gifted products.  All opinions are my own.

Nisolo Men's All-Day Eco-Knit Sneaker 


The Nisolo All-Day Eco-Knit Sneaker is the perfect mix of comfort and style.  It's made up of eco-friendly, recycled (rPET) knitting made from plastic water bottles, shock-absorbing "Green EVA" outsoles, and Lightweight "Green EVA" removable insoles.  The soft and cozy interior provides a sock-like fit, making socks optional.  No need to worry if they get a little dirty on your trip because they are also machine washable after removing the insoles and laces.  

Size and Fit


I'm usually a size 10.5 US across most shoe brands depending on the style and fit.  But with the Nisolo All-Day Eco-Knit Sneaker, I had to size up to a size 11 US.  The fit is still somewhat snug against the top of the foot, but this is designed to replicate a sock-like feel in the knitted section.  The shoe offers the option to either tie the laces on the inside or outside.  However because the knitted section is tight against the foot, I do not recommend tying the laces inside the shoe.  It looks cool, but it rubs against the top of the foot and causes irritation.  Tying the laces on the outside of the shoe allowed the knitted section to fit with more comfort. 

How Did They Perform?


Once I learned that it was better to tie the laces on the outside of the shoe, I was able to wear the shoe longer and more often.  The more I wore the shoe, the more it began to mold to my foot.  Even during the early stages of "breaking in" the shoes, I never experienced blisters or chaffing.  I took these shoes on a vacation that required long days of walking, and they proved to be light and comfortable.  Because the weight of the shoe is light and the soles provide a thick cushion, these are excellent walking shoes.  

They went well with my clothes, whether I was wearing jeans or shorts.  Because they are lightweight, I chose to pack them in my backpack because they would not make my carry-on bags overweight.  Additionally, since the top of the shoe is knitted, they are flexible and easy to pack in a backpack or carry-on bag. 

While traveling, I found that I could wear these sneakers in a lot of situations from exploring cities to hanging out at the beach to going out to dinner.  

Overall, I like these shoes.  Not only are they light and comfortable, but also the look is modern and cool.  I would recommend the Nisolo All-Day Eco-Knit Sneaker for any guy who likes a comfortable and versatile shoe that can be worn every day for a variety of events.


Nisolo Women's Everyday Sneaker


The Nisolo Everyday Sneaker is the perfect mix of timeless style and durability.  It's made up of durable, water-resistant leather, Vibram rubber sole, antimicrobial insoles, and 100% vegetable-tanned leather.  The shock-absorbing cushioned insoles provide comfort when walking down all the cobblestone streets. The Nisolo Everyday Sneaker is available in one color - Bone.

Size and Fit 


I'm usually a size 6 across most shoe brands depending on the style and fit.

I've found Nisolo shoe sizing to be consistent for my feet.  I have one pair in a size 6.5 but most are in a size 6.  For the Women's Everyday Sneaker, I went with the 6 since the product fits true to size and the leather will stretch.  They were stiff at first but now after wearing them many times before and during my trip the leather has softened and stretched.  Nisolo has some tips for breaking in your shoes on their website.

If you like your shoes to have a snug fit and don't plan on wearing thick socks take your true size.  If you would like to wear thick socks and like a little more wiggle room in your shoes I would size up a half size like Nisolo recommends.  For those of you with wide feet, I would consider sizing up.

Overall, I do really like these sneakers.  I especially love the thicker outer sole and classic shape.  I think these sneakers are a timeless addition to any wardrobe.

How Did They Perform?


On first wear, I wore them around the house and locally to run errands.  No rubbing. pinching, or blisters.  The leather was firm so they definitely need a testing period to stretch the leather.

The waxed, cotton shoelaces were initially tough to work with but softened over time.  However, if you don't like the way they feel Nisolo also includes another pair of laces that are thicker and softer.  I kept with the original laces, they softened up over use but I did double-knot them for security when walking all day.

They went with a lot of different outfits, from jeans to shorts to casual dresses.  They worked really well with the majority of the clothing I packed for the trip.  They are on the heavier side so I would recommend wearing them or putting them in your carry-on suitcase.  

While traveling, I found that I could wear these in a lot of situations from exploring cities to dinner dates.  These are great everyday sneakers for most activities, both at home and when traveling.

Even though it didn't rain during our trip I had peace of mind knowing that if these shoes got wet they wouldn't be ruined and my feet would stay clean and dry.

I didn't develop any major blisters while wearing the sneakers, just minor rubbing at the back of my heel where I typically get blisters after long days of walking.

My feet did hurt but I wouldn't attribute that to the sneakers, we walked a lot on this trip and I work from home so the amount of walking I did was not typical for me.  Also, the cobblestone streets were rough on my feet but I think it would have been worse if I hadn't worn these sneakers.  When I knew we'd be walking on a lot of uneven ground for a long day I would choose these sneakers because I knew my feet would be protected and be able to handle the rough terrain.

Overall, I was really impressed with the Nisolo Everyday Sneaker.  They are versatile, comfortable, and timeless enough to be worn with the majority of my clothes.  I would recommend these shoes for those looking for a pair of leather sneakers to wear at home or on your next trip.


How to Get a Discount on Nisolo Shoes


I believe that Nisolo shoes are priced reasonably considering they are ethically made.  However, there are still ways to save a little money when purchasing Nisolo shoes.  Nisolo does offer sales occasionally where you can save 20-25% or you can save 20% off your first purchase with my exclusive code!

20% off your first purchase with code 'INTHELIFEOFGRAY'

*Till 10/19/23 use code FALL30 for 30% off sitewide, plus my code NICOLEXTRA for 5% off, these codes are stackable so if you use both you'll receive 30% off.

I hope you enjoyed this Nisolo Shoes Review!

Comments

Popular Posts