Performance Review of Jibs Mid-Rise Sneaker

I've had the opportunity to try out one other pair of Jibs as a partner with them, so when I knew I'd be doing lots of flying on my three-week trip to Italy and Greece I knew I needed something easy to slip on and off.  The Mid-Rise in soft white was my choice of Jibs for the trip.  Below is my honest review of these Jibs.

15% off your purchase with code 'NICOL15'

*This post contains gifted products. All opinions are my own.

Jibs Mid-Rise Soft White

The Jibs Mid-Rise Sneaker is the perfect mix of style and comfort.  It comprises 100% real biodegradable leather, with a natural cork insole, and Therma rubber sole.  The flexible slip-on design made these easy to take on and off through security and when my feet needed a break on the plane.

Size and Fit

I'm usually a size 6 across most shoe brands depending on the style and fit.

I've found Jibs shoe sizing to be different depending on the style you purchase.  I have Jibs Slims in a size 6 and the Jibs Mid-Rise in a size 5.  I went with a size 5 since the product page explained that this style typically fits large and most customers order a full size smaller than their usual sneaker size.  The fit is good and accurate to the recommendation on the website.  The leather is not stiff and these shoes don't need a long break in time.

Overall, I do really like these sneakers.  I especially love the unique shape and diamond-perforated leather.  I think these sneakers are a classic addition to any wardrobe.

How Did They Perform?

On first wear, I wore them around the house and locally to run errands.  There was some minor rubbing and blisters.  The rubbing mainly occurred at the top of my big toe and ankle, whereas the blisters occurred where most do, on my heel.   After that, I made it a point to wear socks and stick to short amounts of time when breaking in the Jibs Mid-Rise.

They went with a lot of different outfits, I prefer them with pants, shorts, or dresses.  They worked well with the clothing I packed for the trip.  I wore these shoes every time we flew because they were lightweight, breathable, and easy to slip on and off.  

While traveling, I've found that my feet swell on planes so I didn't want to wear a constricting shoe but I also didn't want my feet exposed by wearing sandals.  Jibs Mid-Rise was the perfect flying shoe for me, my feet never felt constricted.  I also found that these shoes were best for short walks when exploring.  These are great everyday shoes both at home and when traveling.

I did develop a small blister when walking a longer distance one day, and my feet hurt after the distance coupled with the uneven cobblestone streets.  After that, I made sure to only wear these shoes on shorter-distance days and when traveling at the airports and long train rides.

Overall, I was impressed with the Jibs Mid-Rise Sneaker.  They are versatile, classic with a twist, and great for airport travel.  I would recommend these shoes for those looking for a pair of breathable, sustainably made sneakers to wear at home or on your next trip.

How to Get a Discount on Jibs Shoes

I believe that Jibs shoes are priced reasonably considering they are handmade in Brazil.  However, there are still ways to save a little money when purchasing Jibs' shoes.  You can save 15% off your purchase with my exclusive code and also find Jibs on Target.com nationwide!

15% off your first purchase with code 'NICOL15'

I hope you enjoyed this Jibs Review!


Comments

Popular Posts